Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I Can't Catch My Thoughts

Trading air once more from the start
I can open up a thousand paper cuts
People hear what they want to hear
but they wont change a thing
Set it off
someone better hit the alarm
Set it off
someone better help me disarm myself
I dont want no one else
All I want is you

Happy Tuesday,

My neighborhood pool just opened this weekend and I went swimming for the first time, this summer, on Monday. I was pretty excited about this. I like the pool and swimming with my family and homies. Also, I'm fairly translucent, so a little sun couldn't hurt. I was pretty much at the pool the entire day. It was very chill. I loved it.

After a sweet day poolside, I joined up with some friends and went to a local show at this coffee/tea place. The bands weren't half bad. The first - that we saw, as we were a tad late - was a folksy/indie group of high schoolers, called Our American Cousin. They had a trumpet and tuba player and an accordion, so that gave them kudos in my book. The last performer was this talented blues guy. While I appreciate some blues as much as the next person, I felt some of his songs ran together a bit. Overall, though, it was fun. AND I met a new friend who bought me Turkish delight. Yummilicious!

I quite enjoyed my night. It was a nice change of pace, plus meeting new people and going new places is always fun.

Soo....DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE RELEASED CODES AND KEYS TODAY!!!! Couldn't be more stoked. Srsly, guys. I've only heard the single thus far, but anything Death Cab is sure to be a stellar musical endeavor. I've been looking forward to this album...pretty much since I heard about it. I would absolutely love to see them live and/or meet the band someday. Jason McGerr is one of my favorite drummers ever and Ben Gibbard is the man, hands down. (Not that I'm discrediting the other members, because Chris Walla adds good guitar parts and harmonies, not to mention being a great producer. Also, Nick Harmer comes up with the greatest basslines). I'm an all-around fan. These guys are definitely one of my favorite bands and really inspire me in so many ways. Do yourself a favor and have a listen.



(Sorry if my blogs seem really eclectic, I'm not very good at them)

Pikchas:






-Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. Hey one day soon, we should go on a bike ride, buy a pet goldfish, watch a sunset while listening to Death Cab and get a slushie.

    ReplyDelete