Monday, January 3, 2011

Firecrackers on the Front Lawn

It's 2011. So long 2010.




(A few pics I took a few years ago)

This is supposed to be some big, life-altering development, but as the song goes 'I don't feel any different.' My friend, Danny, and I were discussing on New Year's Eve that as one grows older, holidays and related dates become that much less exciting. It's a somewhat strange phenomenon, but I think it's true. This isn't the first year I've seen from start to finish and carried on through to the next one. I've been there and done that. I don't mean it in a snobby way, I suppose I'm feeling a touch apathetic or something. Change for better or worse does not occur due to a digit on the calender being modified. Change occurs due to will power. That is the purpose behind resolutions.

I am usually much too lazy to come up with resolutions, but I think they are good ideas. Motivation is hard to come by and why not use the new year as the spark to something new. It's in the name 'New Year,' and fireworks are involved, so yeah...=) I said this, but I don't actually have a resolution. Any ideas?

I did not intend to make this so pessimistic. I digress...I have experienced a lot in this past year. I have made some amazing! new friends who I really appreciate and love dearly. I learned how to play guitar. I have gone through more college, taking me that much closer to a career outside of school (which terrifies me, but it will be fine, I'm sure). I have grown and changed as a person, in general. I just hope I'm turning out okay and that as I grow older, I am able to make good choices and gain wisdom from these experiences. I suppose the only way to know is to just keep walking and find out for oneself.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's and I wish many blessings for this new year. Cheers.

-Katelyn

3 comments:

  1. so everybody put your best suit and dress on. let's pretend we're wealthy for just this once. lighting fire crackers out on the front lawn, and 30 dialogues bleed into one. I wish the world was flat like the old days, and we could travel just by folding the map. No more airplanes, or speed trains or free ways. There'd be no distance that could hold us back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. new years resolution
    how about you dont try to be anything other than what you've been trying to be lately?
    resolutions... should be...
    you could make a list, off all the things you wanna get done in the year, and try to get them all done, because everyone only picks one thing that you have to consistantly do, like.. loose 90 million pounds, but you should make a list, that way it has different things that you wont get bored with, and you can do somethings on your list with your friends, some stupid stuff, and then at the end, you can look at all the awesome thing syou did and realize "hmm... its been a pretty good year" i know thrat really doesnt help you to much, but its an idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind. lawlz.
    Losing 90 million pounds sounds doable. I'll give that one a shot =)
    Making a list, especially items involving friends, sounds like a good idea to prevent boredom or monotony. You are a wise guy, Baby Danny. We'll brainstorm sometime.

    ReplyDelete