Sunday, June 5, 2011

For I Am in the Heat of Day, But Live Upon the Evening

Hey there,

Every so often it seems to me that life is at a standstill or stalemate. Everyone moves at different speeds and it's hard to keep up, sometimes. Whether it's conflicting schedules or friend groups, or plain laziness (or lack of gas, for that matter), everyone has those nights where they are stuck at home doing nothing when they would rather not. Some play it safe, don't try to meet new people, because they would rather live in a lukewarm state of being.The song 'Too Much Time on My Hands' come to mind. It's interesting to think that time could ever be such a sly nuisance, but it definitely is. Some people just slip into a routine of places and people without necessarily making that conscious decision. It is a mind-warping thought to wake up and realize that one is living in the grey area of life.

It's just important to know that there's always a tomorrow. Spontaneity can be fun and it's important to do something different to change things up here and there. This comes to mind, because lately I've met some new people, and done things that are out of the ordinary for my typical, every day life. Can you say Bonnaroo?! I'm very nervous about this, but I know that when I slow down and think about it, that it will be really fun and memorable. That's the simple truth.

Not everyone has to be a social butterfly, because some people simply weren't dealt that hand by life; not everyone has that natural, outgoing personality. The key is to make time to do things that matter to you and make time for the people you care about most. This advice/rant is as much for me as anyone else. The thought just crossed my mind and the rest is in the blogosphere.




'Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, it'll soon be here. It's be better than before, because yesterday's gone'


-Katelyn

1 comment:

  1. This was great. It's very good advice that everyone should take to mind. I hope you have a freaking good time at Bonnaroo! I will miss you best friend!!! <3

    ReplyDelete